November 2019 - 2
+++ We hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving weekend!
We published a follow-up to our last release with a few more additions and fixes. Here is an overview:
Users have asked for the ability to do different buffers based upon the hazards. Users have also asked for a way to remove small areas between hazards that aren't feasible. Finally, machines could get bogged down with massive constraint maps or many parcels in a project. We've addressed all of these.
- In the geoanalysis section, click "Show Advanced," and use the additional input boxes.
- Wetland/Flood/Slope Buffers: Add buffers to set buffers to specific hazards
- Min Size Buildable Acres: Add an acreage value (click m2 to switch to acres). This will remove any area that isn't that big from your buildable area.
- Simplify Distance: If you're still having issues with your computer being slowed down, you can add a value here to simplify your polygons. For example, if you type 5 feet, the line you see on the map will be within 5 feet of where it would be in real life.
- Note: You can still use geoanalysis as before if you just add a buffer to the basic buffer box.
Enhanced Parcel Search:¶
This feature is new to some and repackaged for others. Users have asked for the ability to search for parcels by specific owner name. They have also asked for the ability to look for total acreage sizes made up by smaller parcels of a single land owner. We've added this to every account. If you've been using the old version of this search, the UX is now streamlined to a single section. We also enforced get count and proper buffer/acre fill outs to avoid issue searches.
- To do a basic search, just add a "min acres" value. Every parcel exceeding that size will be pulled.
- To do an advanced search, click "Show Advanced"
- Search for Owner: To search for land of a specific owner, add their name into the "Owner" box. The syntax is last name first. Click "Run Task"
- Search for Combined Acreage:
- Min Acres: Smallest parcel you want to include (e.g. 75 acres)
- Desired Project Acres: How many acres you want in total (e.g. 250 acres)
- Click "Run Task." Using the values above, this would pull every 250+ acre parcel as well as every group of parcels where each parcel is at least 75 acres and owned by the same landowner that in total are at least 250 acres.
UX and Bugs¶
We've polished bugs that have been uncovered from the initial release