Run parcel search on AOI area (polygon) from a KML/KMZ
Import a search area AOI polygon from a kml/kmz to use for a parcel search.
Follow these steps on an existing project.
- Locate the kml/kmz file in your file directory (if it's still in Google Earth, make sure to export it)
- Drag and drop the file over the project map in AO
- An asset import table will pop up. Close the table by hitting the red 'x' in the right corner of the table.
The KML/KMZ will now be displayed on the map as a temporary layer.
- On the KML layer, click on the polygon you wish to copy to the project map
- In the pop-up window, click the copy button to save the polygon geometry to the project map as a drawing.
- Turn off the KML/KMZ layer
- Hover over the 3 dot Menu
- Click Remove
- Click on the polygon drawing on the map
- In the pop-up window, click on See Actions
- Select Project Tasks
- Click Parcel Search
- Input Min Acres (per parcel)
- Click Get Count
- Click Run
Now, all the individual parcels will be saved to the project map within the AOI.